Anchor Podcast

Thursday, July 26, 2018

One-Page Adventure: The Awakening of Fivestones

The Awakening of Fivestones is a new One-Page Adventure for Swords & Wizardry Light. This is a first in what is being called, The Unofficial Akados Region One-Page Adventure.

The reason for the Akados Region OPAs is that there are many people out there that love Swords & Wizardry Light and also have a Legion pack. What is a Legion pack? You can go to this Facebook group and view the pinned message to see how you can join the Swords & Wizardry Legion. The Legion pack comes with a couple of Swords & Wizardry Light rules folios, character class cards and sometimes some extra goodies. But this all comes in a nice Legion folder. And on the back of the folder there is a map of Akados Region. Which when I received my Legion pack a long time ago both me and my daughter were thrilled about that map! We would spend a lot of time looking at that map planning and creating ideas of adventures taking place in Akados Region.

This is why I am creating these Unofficial Akados Region OPAs. To give people, those who only own the Light rules and Legion pack, something more that they can work with. Like all of my OPAs this one doesn't include a map. The adventure takes place in the village of Fivestones. So the GM would have to supply their own village map by either drawing it or finding one they would like to use online. There is also this pretty awesome generator that I recently discovered that can help with that.

This OPA is an idea I've had for Fivestones for a while now. Though, my version that isn't the OPA is a lot different and a much larger campaign style. But I still wanted to use Fivestones and borrow my idea into something small but yet epic for a one shot. Unless, the GM works with it to create a larger campaign from it.

Also, I want to stress that this is indeed UNOFFICIAL. This isn't Lost Lands canon. So what I write for Akados Region isn't official. But I believe the map was printed on the folder for such things. Another thing is I have been given permission to write these from Frog God Games. They understand that these are free and that I am stressing that they are unofficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment