Anchor Podcast

Friday, August 10, 2018

Untold Scrolls: An Unofficial Elder Scrolls Hack for Untold Adventures

So I did a thing. Well, in the process of doing a thing.
I LOVE James Spahn's Untold Adventures! (Untold Adventures: Deluxe Edition is Pay What You Want) I love it because it breaks down a RPG into something much lighter than White Box. I love it because I am finally able to do something I have always wanted to do in a RPG: Create an Elder Scrolls campaign setting. I've tried doing this in the past with other systems and I have always given up because it became so overwhelming. But with Untold Adventures I am able to do it without it feeling so overwhelming. What I have done is used the only two classes in Untold Adventures and combined them into one class. I also added Magicka Points so now spellcasting is a point based system. Then I used the races as the "class types" for the game. The core rules of Untold Adventures still apply to this game. But all I have done is replaced the class, races and magic system. What Untold Adventures has done was that it allowed that all classes (Swordsman and Spellcaster) could use all weapons and armor. Though, the Swordsman class was the only class that would gain a to-hit bonus and that if Spellcasters wore armor, whatever armor bonus they receive that is the bonus NPCs receive on their Saving Throw roll against their spells. I kept both of these rules in the game. But what I have done was allowed the races to be trained in weapons and armor types. So if a race is trained in a weapon type they would receive the to-hit bonus when using them but they could also use any weapon type they weren't trained in without the to-hit bonus. I did the same with armor. If a race is trained in an armor type then when they wear that armor type the NPCs would not get a bonus to their Saving Throw roll vs the spells. I then included two special rules that would allow the characters to become an all-out Swordsman type with no Magicka Points or an all-out Spellcaster type with no weapon and armor training.

This is only the start of this project but you can get the rough PDF of the class and races here.

Also, I didn't mention this in the PDF but I will in another update but Magicka Points recover just like Hit Points in Untold Adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment