Anchor Podcast

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day

Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day is Saturday April 22nd.

This will be my first year contributing and participating! For my contribution I have created custom classes and races for Swords & Wizardry WhiteBox. I know adding more to WhiteBox defeats the purpose of WhiteBox but I like choices. But what I don't like is complicated choices. So I hope what I have created are classes/races that are simple in the spirit of WhiteBox.

Classes: The Warrior, The Sorcerer, The Gunslinger, The Priest and The Shifter.
Races: The Construct and The Half-Orc.

The Warrior is a modified version of the traditional fighter. The Warrior gains a bonus to their damage. In my games I allow all classes/races to gain the benefits from a high strength. Which is why I added a bonus to damage for The Warrior. Also, I would recommend that only humans can be The Warrior.
The Sorcerer is a modified version of the traditional magic-user. The Sorcerer gains a damaging cantrip called Arcane Surge. This is my way of making the traditional magic-user a little more heroic. Like The Warrior I would recommend that only humans can be The Sorcerer.
The Gunslinger is a new class for humans who want to wield guns. Included are three different types of guns The Gunslinger can use.
The Priest is a new class for humans. The Priest is a magic-user version of the cleric. The Priest is more proficient in divine spells than the cleric. The Priest has a healing cantrip and they cannot turn undead like the cleric.
The Shifter is a new class for humans. The Shifter can shapeshift into animals that are no smaller than a bird and no larger than a bear.
The Construct is a new race that is machinery/robotic. I want to leave The Construct's physical description up to the players and DMs.
The Half-Orc is a new race that is...well Half Human and Half Orc. Duh. The DM can choose to give The Half-Orc racial qualities such as Darkvision if they would like but I personally wouldn't.

ENJOY!  (click me for the PDF)

No comments:

Post a Comment